The Scott County Development Corporation is expanding its membership; giving you the opportunity to become a partner in an organization that results in success!
Everyone benefits – Whether you are a local business owner, community leader or citizen of Scott County, your investment today increases the opportunities for growth and economic development in Scott County.
For over 40 years, Scott County Development Corporation has been a driving force for economic development in Scott county and its communities. We have provided opportunities for business and industry leaders, and the fostering of a strong pro-business partnership with local government.
Our partnership with organizations like the Jacksonville Regional Economic Development corporation offers access to a trained and professional economic development staff. They provide marketing assistance such as community profiles and profiles on our available sites and buildings. These profiles are available on the web to prospective companies throughout the world. JREDC is currently working with Scott County on an Enterprise Zone expansion and a proposed new industrial park in Winchester.
Our plan for progress includes…
- Continued support of local business and industry.
- Utilizing Scott County historical assets to promote and increase tourism.
- Develop and maintain key allies at the state, federal and local levels as well as with utilities, consultants, developers and other development agencies
- Making application to the State of Illinois to include portions of Scott County in an enterprise zone. (This the attraction of new industries or business.)
- Planning and development of a new Scott County Industrial Park which will utilize our central location, close proximity to major
business and industry markets, as well as easy interstate access.
- Analysis and review of options for development of a bypass around bluffs for industrial traffic.
- Identification and development of prospective industrial and business sites throughout Scott County, including Manchester, and utilization of the U.S. 67 Corridor.